Saturday 22 September 2012


25/8/12

It was sunny and bright as we packed up this morning. We drove through some wonderful country to Denmark. I have been waiting since the start of the trip to arrive at Denmark. I have always wanted to see the largest water barometer in the world and it is housed in the Visitor Information Centre. When we arrived at the Information Centre I raced inside and walked right through the building without finding the barometer. An inquiry at the desk revealed the barometer has not been there for 18 months. The local council had enough of the demands from the owner of the barometer that they told him to stick it and get it out of the Information Centre. I was totally shattered and it was too early in the day for a beer or ten to overcome by disappointment. We drove around town and found the ocean beach with great surf. Then we drove to a park in the centre of town and had lunch with 10 ducks and two seagulls. The ducks ate more of my lunch than I did. I bought some sand paper and stain before leaving town as I had a branch of a Karri tree that I hope will make a great hiking pole after it is cleaned up. Then we drove to a free camp at Cosy Corner East between Denmark and Albany and right on the ocean. We set up camp and the solar panels were deployed and Karen shouted beer all round. (Well, except for Mary-Anne who had her usual cup of tea!)


26/8/12

We woke to a sunny day. The girls did some washing in the morning and I started to catch up on the computer diary. In the afternoon the girls went for a walk and 'put the mocker' on us. The clouds suddenly came in and it was a mad rush, on my own, to get all the washing inside and the computer put away before everything got wet. It rained and rained and rained. There was only one thing I could do after that so I had a beer. After tea we amused ourselves by feeding two hungry bandicoots.


27/8/12

It was cloudy this morning but it wasn't raining. We decided to risk staying another day but with the option of packing up quickly if the weather turned bad. We didn't have to as it didn't rain. I continued with the computer diary and the girls read books and watched movies. It was just a relaxing day doing bugger all.

 The Denmark Visitor Centre
 
 Ocean Beach, Denmark
 
 Our lunch spot at Denmark
 
Camping at Cosy Corner
 
Cosy Corner
 
Cosy Corner Beach
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment